26 January 2012

New York. New York

SO my 1st post got deleted somehow so I have to re-type it...Nightmare.

For my 1st post I'm writing about my favourite place...New York, New York.
   Last July I went to New York for the 3rd time with my family. I've previously only been at Christmas time so it was nice to go in summer (although New York at Christmas is laaavley). 1st on my list of priorities was shopping!! Fifth Avenue and Soho were my 1st stops... I loved Soho with its quirky street stalks of jewellery and little boutiques, the streets were just full of people from all walks of life and super fashionable girls who looked like they'd fallen out of a fashion mag!
   My favourite store in the big apple is a shop called LF Stores, there are two shops, one on Fifth and one in Soho. I personally preferred the Fifth Avenue store, whether it was the fact it was the first one I went in or because it was smaller and just seemed more personal. The staff were all lovely and chatty and dressed oh so well, all a bit different but all showcasing the clothes very well! The store sells everything from vintage cut of Levis, vintage shirts, floaty dresses and heels to rival the skyscrapers outside, which was why I discovered LF Stores in the 1st place...my search for Jeffery Campbells! The clothes and shoes were randomly placed in a messy but organised kind of way on old looking wooden selves and on the floor, with rails around the side of the shop bursting with floral, chiffon skirts and dresses... it was hard to not want to buy everything.
   To my dismay I didn't actually come away with a pair of JC's as they didn't have my size in either stores...I did however buy a beautiful pair of MIA Limited Edition banana heel platforms, at $230 they're not the cheapest shoes I've ever bought but they are defiantly and investment...and its not like I can pop back another time to buy them! And here they are...
MIA Limited Edition Coliseum Platforms $230

I think that's it for now...I have a Lookbook account so I'll post some looks from there and I'm sure you'll hear more about New York at some point too!!

Thanks for reading
Lauren :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment