6 February 2012

Candy, Lace and Broderie Anglaise

Trend Alert!
I'm loving broderie anglaise at the moment...seen in Louis Vuitton's S/S 2012 Ready To Wear collection and shown on the March covers of both VOGUE and ELLE (worn by Lana Del Rey and Alexa Chung). The over sized lacey collars, white shirts and pastel, candy coloured dressed, jackets and jumpers are a perfect combination for spring/summer, and I cant wait to try and re-create it myself...of course on a budget which wont stretch to Louis Vuitton I'm afraid!
Louis Vuitton Catwalk Images
My Favourites from the catwalk - I've got to say I'm not a huge fan of Kate Moss (I know shock horror) but I looove the dress.


ELLE UK March 2012 (subscribers cover) Worn with Louis Vuitton Jumper

British VOGUE March Cover - Lana also wear Louis Vuitton dress.

I searched high and low for a collar this style and managed to find one I liked on eBay, it needs stitching and some ribbon to tie it together but its the best I could find! No doubt we'll see some copies filtering down to the hight street in the near future! But in the mean time my vintage style cream one will have to do! Just need a nice pastel jumper or dress to wear it with, ideally a mint green or baby blue one like Alexa's!
Get your own on eBay...just search for broderie anglaise collar!

I ordered this about a week ago, just as my ELLE hit the door mat, I was on eBay. Then I saw VOGUE on a bread run to the shop yesterday and bought it immanently. I don't usually buy VOGUE unless someone I love is on the cover, or I'm going on a long journey. Mainly because I tend not to actually read them as I'm a pretty shit reader! I shouldn't admit it, but, I just like the pictures. ELLE however, I am subscribed to, and have been for nearly 3 years...sadly my boyfriend doesn't seem too keen on my having 3 years worth of fashion magazine on display in our new house! Boo! He'll have to get over it cause I'm defo not throwing those bad boys out!!

ANYWAYYYYY......
Once again, thanks for Reading
Lauren :) x

P.S anyone find any high street items inspired by Louis Vuitton....let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment