|The original eBay photo...forgot to take my own before I started, |
I was too excited!!
Use a toothbrush (an old one) to remove the thick layers of yellow lichen (that stuff that grows on trees and sheds).
Cover the antlers in Sulphuric acid....using more old toothbrushes! This bit turned them a dark brown colour and the lichen went red! Did the trick though.
|Sulphuric acid close up....left for about 10 minutes, |
should have maybe been longer but I'm VERY impatient!
PRESSURE WASH! The fun part... It was like magic watching them go from brown to white.
Bleach...twice. Dads idea...I did them once in the pouring rain and he redid them later that night (when I wasn't in) which worked a lot better!
|This was after the 1st bleach, they're almost white after the second!|
Now the fun part....Decorating!
|My choice of flowers.|
|And this is the colour of my wall...|
Thanks for reading!
Lauren :) x